The Versatile Blogger Award: On Winning a Nomination
Travelling is more than a passion to me and I have always seen and perceived it as a means of growth. When I started Mango Lady Diaries in 2016, my focus was to make my travel blog different – not only a documentation of my travels but a celebration of Nature, places and folks. This January 2017, I am honoured to receive The Versatile Blogger Award nomination and I am really happy that my travel blog is being liked.
I have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Wanderlust Vegans. The Canadian blogger duo of Wanderlust Vegans is man and wife living in Birmingham, England. Together, they have travelled to more than twenty countries and on this blog they share their travel stories and promote minimalism and a vegan lifestyle. Thank you Wanderlust Vegans for nominating me!
The Versatile Blogger Award is special for me as it is a recognition that people are reading my blog and most importantly, they are liking my stories. The appreciations mean a lot as it is a motivation to work harder and produce good work and a good force behind pursuing the purpose of inspiring people. I am also glad to discover new blogs and bloggers who are doing good work.
As part of the rules of nomination, below I am sharing seven random facts about myself.
1. I’ve been into writing for six years professionally and writing/creative writing is one of my hobbies that I enjoy. Travelling being my first love, I thought about starting my own travel blog.
2. Photography is my next love. I love taking pictures of Nature, Wildlife, People, and Landscape. I am trying to get better with every shot.
3. The first seeds of travelling were sown in to me by my parents, who also love travelling and have gifted me the travel bug since childhood.
4. I enjoy hills more than anything. However, I am not choosy when it comes to travel.
5. I have double Masters degree and I still love studying and researching. I never get tired of it. I am happy to achieve it by 24. Yay!
6. I’ve been the winner of Nat Geo Traveller India Daily Shot Photo Contest on 24th February, 2016.
7. I dream to paint under the sky and sing out my heart looking at marvellous sceneries.
The Versatile Blogger Award, an award given to bloggers by bloggers, is a fun way to discover new blogs. The basic rules are –
- If nominated, write and publish a post on your blog thanking and linking back to your nominator.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate seven other new bloggers who you think deserve recognition for their work.
Now I will take this opportunity to nominate seven fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award. Here are my nominations for blogs that I really enjoyed reading.
1. Tigrest Travel Blog – Maria’s passion for travelling started in 2007 when she got a chance to travel the world while working as a local tour operator. Now at 30, she has come to share her travel stories and experiences through this blog though she is not working in the travel industry anymore. She describes her travel blog as “a blog about destinations, food and travel tips”.
2. One Armed Wanderer – When I came to read this blog a few days back, I had to admit that Ed, the founder, is a source of inspiration for all. Ed is an IT Operations Analyst by profession and after his friends with whom he used to travel with started settling down, he decided to go on solo trips as well as travel for purpose. In his words, “Born with a short left arm, it did not hinder him to continue traveling and exploring the Philippines. Ed may have limitations but he is using what was given to him.. feet to walk and wander.”
And I think, Ed you have no limitations. You can motivate a lot of people out there. More power to you!
3. Girls Wanderlust – This travel blog founded by two Dutch girls – Daphne and Tamara – is fun to read as they share their travel stories. “They use their combined experience and addiction to travelling and photographing, to write articles about special destinations, unique experiences, hotel reviews, travel essentials, food hot spots and more.” Best wishes to girl power!
4. Jiahui Muses – Based in Singapore, Jiahui has created this blog out of her love for sharing. In her blog, she writes about travel, food, fashion, photography and “everything under the sun”. When she is not travelling the world, she likes to explore more and click pictures of her homeland.
5. From Lianna With Love – Lianna is a 20-year-old college student and she started her blog “after a sudden surge of inspiration and motivation…while trying to navigate adulthood, travelling in general, and sometimes just life”. She aspires to make traveling an even bigger part of her life and become a full time world explorer once she graduates. I liked the young energy throughout her blog. Go girl!
6. Yo!Womaniya – Blogger Samiksha Jain describes her blog as “a lifestyle blog catering to the stories related to Fashion, Travel, Beauty, Bollywood, Food, Books and much more but the primary aim is to share an opinion”. Her style of sharing her thoughts and opinions is refreshing and makes for a pleasant read.
7. Eat Yourself Green – This blog comes with an interesting topic. Larissa, the creator of this blog is travelling around the world and writes about her travel stories with an emphasis on an exploration of healthy and delicious ‘green’ food in her destinations.
I would like to thank all my readers and followers for your support and good wishes. I read your beautiful messages that you send my way and my passion for travelling keeps growing. Thank you for all the love 🙂