10 Best Quotes on Sibling Day: Time Traveling with Siblings
Growing up with siblings is purely bliss. It is a relationship which cannot be ever defined perfectly, no matter how many words you put to use. The love, care, concern, the secretive talks, the planning of mischiefs, the acts of defense for each other, the silly fights and quarrels – hardly any other relationship is so beautiful. On this Sibling Day, 10th April, celebrate the bonding and take a travel down memory lane. Here are 10 best quotes that describe the relationship of siblings that you may find great to express yours.
- “Some relationships are like Tom and Jerry. They tease each other, knock down each other, irritate each other, but can’t live without each other.”
- “We know one another’s faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws.” — Rose Macaulay
- “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” — Clara Ortega
- “Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long.” — Susan Scarf Merrell
- “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way.” — Pamela Dugdale
- “Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other.” — Anonymous
- “Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.” — Betsy Cohen
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” — Marian Sandmaier
- “If parents are the fixed stars in the child’s universe, the vaguely understood, distant but constant celestial spheres, siblings are the dazzling, sometimes scorching comets whizzing nearby.” — Alison Gopnik
- “Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago — the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider…. It doesn’t seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we’ve traveled.” — Jane Mersky Leder
Share some of your memorable moments you had with your sibling(s) below.